Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alcohol is my dieting downfall!


I order gin and tonic or vodka and tonic when I go out, but even the alcohol alone with a no-calorie mixer is still around 100 calories a drink. Last night I had 4 gin and tonics... so 400 unnecessary calories after being so good and eating right all day. I don't go out every night or anything, it is usually once a week, twice at the most. I think it is hard being single out of a three year relationship because I want to be surrounded with friends and fun! I don't want to think about the ex, or think about new guys even, so I go out to have fun with my girl friends!



I wish I knew a way to overcome the calories on nights out. Maybe next time I should have a drink, then a water that looks like a drink (in a rocks glass with a lime), then a drink again? This way maybe I can cut half the calories and still have fun! I am going to give it a try next time I go out! I don't want to see all my hard work go down the drain because I want to have a few drinks every now and then...

Next time I go to Walmart I am getting a scale! I don't know my exact weight, and I need to keep track of it in the attempt to lose weight.

1 comment:

  1. Moderation is always good for anything. Having water in between drinks is a good idea because then you're less likely to drink more and you're keeping your self hydrated (no pesky hangovers).

    ReplyDelete