Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kids eat for $1.99

That was the special at work today. The thing is, my coworkers also eat for 1.99, by ordering a kids meal (don't ask why we don't get discounted food, because it is just crazy to me). Well, I didn't eat anything from work today, because of my dieting.

BUT THE THING IS, the kids meal fills up most adults. Why do we, as Americans, put too much food on our plates? Even kids are being served more food then necessary, but especially most meals for adults! I give meals to people that are easily enough food for 2 or 3 meals, just to watch them chow down the whole plate of food! I think a huge part is the urge to finish what is on your plate. Also, I think as Americans we just eat too fast. We don't sit down and take our time as necessary, taking small bites and taking time to chew.

Working in restaurants is almost eye opening... because at times I will literally be astonished with how much or how fast people can eat. Don't be afraid to take leftovers home in a to-go box! I know I always do! Which is another reason I am touchy on the subject because having to constantly watch what you eat, or worry about your weight, is not an issue for everyone. I guess I am jealous of those customers I have come in at 130lbs and down a 1/2 lb cheeseburger and fries with no consequence! lol. How nice it would be to not worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment